call: 07775 616160 | email: robert shufflebotham
This is a 1 day beginners guide to creating banners, buttons and animations in Adobe Photoshop. It is intended for web and email and social media marketing professionals who need to create interesting and varied graphics to add visual impact to marketing campaigns.
By the end of the day, delegates should understand the possibilities and capabilities offered by Photoshop for creating interesting, optimised, web graphics: from navigation buttons of varying complexity through to marketing banners of different sizes as well as simple, effective animated gifs.
• New dialog box • Working with pixels • Web Preset sizes
• Interface • Working with Panels • The Toolbox • Resetting tools and panels • Selecting workspaces
• Painting tools • Controlling Brush size and type • Paintbucket tool • Filling Selections
• Creating basic selections • Manipulating selections • Filling selections • Stroking selections
• Drawing shapes • Drawing lines • Custom shapes • Understanding Shape layers • Controlling Fill and Stroke settings • Rounded Rectangle tool • Custom Shape tool • Working with Smart Guides • Editing and Manipulating Shapes
• Creating new layers • Layer visibility • Reordering layers • Layer lock controls
• Type tools • Anti-aliasing Type • Working with Type layers • Formatting type • Colouring type • Type on a Path/Circle
Save for Web command • The Optimize Tabs • JPEG, GIF, PNG-8, PNG-24 settings • Optimisation Preferences
Creating Bevel and Emboss effects • Creating Drop Shadow Effects • Colour Overlay • Gradient and Pattern Overlay • Stroke • Manipulating type
• Applying Predefined Styles • Creating a Style • Saving Styles • Removing Styles • Editing and Managing Styles
• Using Layers • Creating New Frames • Managing Frames • Setting Loops and Delays
• Slice tool • Slice Select tool • Understanding Slices • Editing and Manipulating Slices • Slices from Guides
Creative freedom ... create a montage
Adapted the training to my needs. Gave me the tools to work things out myself in the future, as well as answering specific questions. Really cemented my knowledge.
Nancy Triggs, Marketing Executive
Insider Journeys, Oxford
InDesign CC2105 training course
Very useful training sessions, particularly as they were tailored exactly to the work we do.
H D, Production Editor
7.4 Limited, Oxford
InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator
Excellent – accommodated different learning speeds very well! Very patient!
Oxfordshire County Council
InDesign CS6 training course
Excellent course. Hands-on, informative and interesting... It was brilliant. Thank you.